Insurance, Financing, and Complaint

One of the most criticized, and marginally sought for, and carrier unsupported aspect of flying ultralight aircraft is insurance coverage. This is particularly true for pilot and hull (the vehicle) coverage. Basically, such coverage has not proven financially supportable by the carriers. Below is a list of potential carriers and sponsors.

At times people dispute purchases and exchange of money. So it you believe you got a raw deal, go to Fraud Complaint Center for assistance.

USUA 3rd Party Liability program for "USUA registered" ultralights pilots and instructors

Program is a general liability policy. (Another form of coverage might be professional liability.) 3rd party refers to people who are injured or have property damage other than the Insured or the insurance carrier. This is hull coverage (damage to your own plane). To qualify for insurance airplane must be under 992 max. gross weight and have a stall speed under 40 mph. Both pilot and plane must be registered with USUA. Commercial policy for ultralight flight schools available.
Dawne Fay
Program Manager,
252-261-1903 Ext. 243

EAA Ultralight and Experimental Insurance

First Flight Insurance Group, Inc.
4112 North Croatan Highway
P.O. Box 1048
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
Tel: 252-261-1903

Financing to purchase Experimental Aircraft

National Aircraft Finance Company (NAFCO)
3907 Aero Place,
Suite 1
Lakeland, FL 33811
800-999-3712, 863-644-8463